Belmont Guests Retreat to provide quality of life, compassion, and caring to our resident and families by fostering indiviual choices for dignity and comfort.
What is Hospice Care?
Hospice care assists individuals, their families and/or caregivers to achieve the best quality of life during a life-limiting illness. Hospice services include physical, emotional and spiritual care. Hospice focuses on patient comfort instead of continued treatment of the life-limiting condition. Hospice patients are encouraged to participate in activities and functions they enjoy. Hospice is for all age groups, including children, adults, and the elderly. The vision of hospice is to profoundly enhance the end of life for the dying person by ensuring access to exceptional quality care.
Who is Eligible for Hospice Care?
To be eligible for hospice care, a patient must have a life-limiting illness with an estimated life expectancy of six months or less. The treatment goal during hospice shifts from aggressive treatment of the condition to a goal of comfort.
Who pays for Hospice Care?
Most hospice patients living in assisted living communities are Medicare beneficiaries.The Medicare Hospice Benefits is all-inclusive—- covering 100 percent of the cost of the care related to the illness.
In most states hospice services are paid for in a few different ways:
- Medicare (Part A)
- Health insurance
- Private pay
Hospice Care Services:
- Emotional, spiritual, bereavement support for patients and their families
- Hospice aides assistance services
- 24-hour on-call doctor and nursing availability
- Required medical equipment, medications and training in their use
- Medical and incontinent care supplies
- Short-term in-patient care required to manage symptoms
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy as needed to enhance quality of life
- Counseling services
- Assistance with legal documents (wills, powers of attorney, advance medical directives, etc.) funeral planning, and accessing other community resources
For more information please call at 714-970-0247