Understanding Your Loved Ones with Dementia
It is undeniable that taking care of a loved one with dementia includes a lot of tough challenges. Dementia is a progressive biological brain disorder that makes a person have difficulty in remembering things, thinking clearly, communicating with others, and even taking care of themselves. It also affects the person’s personality wherein the patient tends to throw tantrums and experiences mood swings.
A senior home care in California can be your helping hand in providing quality care for your loved ones at home.
If you are still having a second thought in putting your loved one in an assisted living in California, here are some helpful tips in understanding or communicating effectively with your loved ones with dementia while staying at home:
- Set a positive mood for interaction.
- Get your loved one’s attention. As much as possible, limit any distractions and noise from their surroundings. But if there are unavoidable circumstances to limit the noise, you may look for an assisted living in Yorba Linda, California that provides short-term care for your loved ones.
- State your messages clearly and ask simple, answerable questions.
- Respond with affection and reassurance.
- Maintain your sense of humor.
Belmont Guests Retreat is your reliable partner in securing your loved one’s well-being while they stay in our facility. We also offer hospice in Yorba Linda, California for those with a terminal illness. Improving your loved one’s well-being is our top priority. Entrust them to us today!